In order to practice in state of Arkansas after obtaining your psychology degree, you should apply for licensure. Arkansas state requires individuals to pass national exam specific to area of specialization. Listed below are the Arkansas state psychology license requirement:
- A master’s level degree in counseling.
- Three years of supervised experience, obtained after master level degree.
- Passed the state’s oral examination
Relationship and Family Therapist
- A master’s level degree in marriage and family therapy.
- Three years of post-master level supervised practical experience.
- Passed the state’s oral and written examination
- Submission of three recommendations letters.
- A doctoral level degree in psychology.
- Two years of internship, of which one year may be completed post-doctoral degree.
There are three types of licenses available by Arkansas state for Social Workers: licensed social worker (LSW), licensed certified social worker (LCSW), licensed master social worker (LMSW).
- A bachelor’s level degree for LSW.
- A master’s level degree in social work for LCSW or LMSW.
- 4000 hours of profession experience within two year for LCSW.